For everyone and anyone who has been a participant in The Cliff’s Edge Handicapping Contest over the past two years, you know what to expect. For anyone who hasn’t played, it’s a great time to get involved. Check out the contest site for the full details, but the basic premise is as follows:
- Each week, we’ll pick one of the big races for that Saturday. Once the post positions and morning-line odds are finalized (usually Wednesday or Thursday), we’ll put the race on the website, open betting, and send out a reminder email.
- Each contestant receives $100 wagering money (think Monopoly money) with which to create a combination of bets (Win, Place, Show, Exactas, and Trifectas). The windows remain open until approximately fifteen (15) minutes before post-time.
- More details on the workings of the contest can be found here
- After the race is over (usually on Monday), we’ll enter in the race details and figure out everyone’s earnings.
- The top-place finisher for the week receives a $100 prize.
- * The top three finishers each week receive a season to THE CLIFF’S EDGE.
- Bonuses will be awarded based on certain criteria